Salmon Berry (Rubus) is a shrub that grows from 1 to 4 m tall with perennial woody stems. The leaves are large with toothed edges and trifoliated with the two outer ones being shorter then the center one. The flowers are produced from early spring to early summer; they have five petals and grow to be roughly 2-3 cm in diameter. The fruit ripens in late summer to early fall and resembles a large Yellow to Orange-red raspberry approximately 1.5 to 2 cm in length. Salmonberries are edible and share the fruit structure of the raspberry, with the fruit pulling away from its receptacle.
Salmon Berry is native to the west coast of North America from west central Alaska to California.
Conditions of Poisoning:
As with all fruits they contain properties that cause gastrointestinal problems in dogs, even though they are edible to humans the plants, foliage, roots,and berries should be considered toxic to pets.
Reactions to ingestion of this plant can include both gastrointestinal effects. The gastrointestinal effects can consist of nausea and vomiting, excess salivation, abdominal pain, diarrhea that may or may not contain blood.
IMMEDIATELY SEE YOUR VET FOR TREATMENT OPTIONS
Lone Star English Setter Club provides this information
as a partial reference of the potential poisons that could harm your dog.
We are not veterinarian’s and DO NOT provide medical help.
If you think that your animal is ill or may have ingested a poisonous substance,
contact your local veterinarian or
the ASPCA’s 24-hour emergency poisoning hotline directly