Ditch Lily, Devil Lily, Kentan, Lilium lancifolium, Leopard Lily, Pine Lily, Lilium catesbaei,
Columbia lily, Oregon Lily, Western Wood Lily, Chalice-Cup Lily, Western Red Lily
The word “lily” is a confusing one for it for there are true lilies, usually not edible and some of them quite toxic, a few edible. And there are other plants which are called lilies which aren’t lilies at all, some quite toxic and some edible. The next layer of confusion comes from the fact many people call many different plants the same name, in this particular case, the Tiger Lily.
The Tiger Lily is a native of Asia and Japan and has been naturalized in the northeast quadrant of North America, and a few other places as well. Some consider it an invasive weed while other think its a natural beauty and focal point for their gardens.
Unknown: Toxic to Cats mildly Toxic to Dogs (Stomach Ache , Vomiting), Non-Toxic to Horses.
Poisoning Symptoms include:
Vomiting, inappetence, lethargy, kidney failure, and death is possible. Cats are only species known to be affected.
Diagnosis of lily ingestion is based solely on the history of witnessing the ingestion of a portion of the plant, or seeing part of the plant in their vomit.
CALL YOUR VET IMMEDIATELY FOR TREATMENT OPTIONS
Lone Star English Setter Club provides this information
as a partial reference of the potential poisons that could harm your dog.
We are not veterinarian’s and DO NOT provide medical help.
If you think that your animal is ill or may have ingested a poisonous substance,
contact your local veterinarian or
the ASPCA’s 24-hour emergency poisoning hotline directly